Happy Thursday my friends. Here is the eggplant and tomato recipe I
bragged about promised on Monday.
Eggplant and Tomato Salad
1 large eggplant
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 3/4 lbs mixed tomatoes
1 package Boursin (or similar) goat cheese
1/2 cup mixed olives
1/2 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
salt and pepper
baguette for serving
1. Preheat boiler with rack six inches from heat.
2. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Place sliced eggplant on a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
3. Broil until eggplant is blistered. About eight minutes on one side. Then flip and repeat for another eight minutes.
4. Remove eggplant from oven and immediate place in a boil with the olive oil. Cover the bowl with a plate (or lid) and let stand for about ten minutes or until eggplant has softened.
5. Arrange eggplant on a plate. Top with sliced tomatoes, olives, parsley and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty French bread for dipping.
adapted from Martha Stewart Living